This role is best suited to a strong mid-weight who is looking to take the next step in their career, or a senior designer who is looking to get more team management under their belt. A great opportunity to work with some fantastic young designers, form a solid design team, and produce some great design work.
We are a graphic design & social media company who specialise in the hospitality & FMCG industries.
Unique opportunity to join our growing team as a senior member of Distil, working on branding projects, new poster designs, food & drink menus and digital assets. As we work in the digital marketing space, an interest in keeping up to date with digital trends is a must.
About the role;
- Full brand development
- Collateral rollout
- Front end web design
- Ad hoc design jobs
- Food & drink menus
- Resizing for print and digital
- Design digital assets with motion / movement to cut through on social media
- Assist the more junior members of the design team, providing constructive feedback and ensuring all designs that go out are in line with respective brand guidelines
- Mentoring growing design team (currently 3 full time + 1 part time designers)
- Answering design and print questions
- Best practice systems & procedures
- Print management
- Be a leader
- Attend and art direct photoshoots where required
- Creative & imaginative
- A strong manager & leader
- Great attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to take on feedback
- Able to work under pressure & meet deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- A genuine interest in mentoring your team
Things you need to have before applying:
- 5+ years design experience
- 1+ years management experience
- Design or other relevant degree
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, XD
- An interest in Social Media Marketing
- Unrestricted working rights in Australia
Not essential but good to have:
- Photography, videography or editing skills
- Illustration skills
- Working knowledge of HTML & Wordpress
- Knowledge of the Sydney hospo scene.
- Friendly, fun and supportive team (currently 11 of us!)
- Option to purchase up to 4 weeks leave
- Paid day off the month of your birthday
- Flexible working, work 3 days from office, 2 days from home
- We are a close-knit team, no egos, all hands on deck when required and don’t believe in working long hours!
- Office dogs
Sound like the right next step? Apply now.
Only applicants with a cover letter and work examples will be considered.